Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To Tablet or Not to Tablet

Tomorrow at 1pm eastern, Apple will stop time.

or at least that's what the hype would lead you to believe.

The maker of the Macbook, iPod, and other desirable gadgetry has scheduled a special press conference to unveil a new product. Speculation around the industry is that they will announce a new tablet computer that will make Mac lovers drool. A tablet computer is basically an giant-sized iPod touch. It would likely be a step between the portability and a lower cost of an iPod touch and the power and utility of a Macbook Pro.

Now, I'm not an Apple slappy, but I was privileged to have the use of one of the new Macbook Pro's for several months at the end of last year. I loved it, I miss it, and the only thing that keeps me from buying one myself is the price. I don't think that they are overpriced, but you certainly pay a premium for what you get.

We were in the market for a new laptop a month ago and we were able to buy a decent PC for just under $400 where the base Macbook model starts at $1000. I hope that I can own at Macbook Pro in the near future and if the price and specs are right a Macbook tablet might be the right thing for me.

Then again they might just announce a new 100gig iPod the size of a grape.

1 comment:

Becky Teal said...

Equally missing the Mac:(