Thursday, January 07, 2010

How Tweet It Is

It's no secret that the US auto industry is hurting. Living in Dearborn we've got front row seats to the whole show. Ford is in a better position than GM or Chrysler, but I've not been personally persuaded to look into their vehicles. When I was looking for a car, all of Ford's attention was on SUVs; when I was looking for a minivan they stopped making them. And I've not seen much to make me look back from my Hondas until now.

Sync.

It just keeps getting cooler and cooler. Sync is basically an in car computer that allows you to have seamless integration between your vehicle and portable devices, such as your ipod or mobile phone. At first I was pretty skeptical, it seemed that they were just throwing some flash tech into a car to be able to mark up the price, but sync keeps getting upgrades which make it more and more appealing. The latest addition reads your twitter feeds to you. You can be totally in touch with your calls, texts, and tweets while staying hands free. (source)

It's going to be a few year until we look for a new vehicle, but I might be looking at a Ford with snyc when the time is right.

Any testimonies from someone who uses it?

1 comment:

FootballDude said...

on the way back from oasis my mom called me while I was on my way back home and I the radio on pretty loud then I heard this loud ringing and I was like what the heck is that?? I ended up bumping my phone and then my mom's voice was comming from the radio! I honestly thought God was telling me something... then reality hit me and I relized that it was my mom haha