Tuesday, September 30, 2008

new music


I seem to follow a pattern of feast and famine with music. I won't listen to much outside of worship team for a month or so and then I'll flood my senses with new music. I am fortunate that my renewed musical thirst has coincided with the release of new music by Chris Tomlin and Hillsong.

I really like both of these cd's [yes, i still buy cd's. i download some music, but i prefer having a physical copy with the artwork and lyrics]. Hello Love is a bit more accessible, but the production of This is Our God is sooo good.

What else should I be listening to right now?

2 comments:

Phil said...

Well sticking with that genre, you NEED to pick up Charlie Hall's new addition to the Passion family, 'The Bright Sadness'.

Outside of worship, I picked up 'One Day as a Lion', from the combo of the lead singer of Rage Against the Machine (thus sounding very similar) and the drummer from Mars Volta. Feels pretty raw...intense...

enjoy my friend.

Philc

Anonymous said...

ok, maybe i'm a little late to give you new album stuff, but here's a couple...

http://www.jjheller.com/article.asp?id=paintedred

http://www.benleads.com/Ben_Leads/sonseed.zip

yeah, the first one really is rad. and the second one... well, less than rad.