Wednesday, September 17, 2008

maintainance

About 2 weeks ago I found myself tackling the endless task of managing our overgrown lawn. Our yard isn't huge, but it needed more than just a once over with the mower. Mow, Trim, Edge, Weed; all the steps to keep your grass healthy, wealthy, and wise.

I was reaching the point of clean-up when Evan and Aaron came outside and with no instruction began to sweep and clean up the sidewalk. I didn't ask them to do it and I could see that they enjoyed working together and helping me.

It was so cool to experience as a Dad. I got to see a bit of their potential as men, to see a bit of the fruit of all our lessons and teaching moments, time-outs and discipline. Don't get me wrong, we have great kids, it's not like they are uncontrollable hellions. However, you don't always see such clear evidence of your hard work.





I'm hanging on to that memory for a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We must be doing something right! I love you!!