Tuesday, May 12, 2009

cubism

Have you ever see a car that you thought was just plain ugly? Which models/makes are on your list?

I'm not old enough to has seen such classic disasters such as the Edsel, but there are plenty of vehicles on the road that I think are design failures: PT Cruizer, Chevy HHR, and the worst offender, the Pontiac Aztek.


Early Aztek Engineering Design

Now there's a new polarizing design on the horizon... the Nissan Cube. It is reminiscent of the boxy styling of the Honda Element or Scion xb. The windows have rounded frames and the rear hatch opens via side mounted hinges.

Forward design or huge mistake?

6 comments:

Angela said...

GROSS!!!

Anonymous said...

A big mistake. -- Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Forward design -- but I like the SOUL better

karen said...

I call these toaster cars. All of them. And I make fun of them frequently. Would NEVER buy one.

Anonymous said...

i love this car!! forward design... sion xb is better though- mckenna cryderman

alex said...

so far that's 3 gross to only 2 forward design's.

I like the asymmetrical rear end, but the round windows are just too ugly.