Wednesday, January 14, 2009

r u kidding me?

A dad in Silverado Canyon, CA received an oversized letter in the mail recently. The contents of the package turned out to be a 440 page cell phone bill for his 13 yr old daughter. She managed to send 14,528 texts that month. yeah, i typed that right... 14,528! Mathematically, that's an average of 484 texts everyday or one text every two minutes of the waking day. Fortunately they have unlimited txting (or they'd be facing a nearly $3,000 bill) and the family is taking steps to reduce their daughters txting activity (apparently she has four other 13 yr old txt-addicted friends). source

Wow. I don't have a cell phone plan that includes texting. I've thought about it, and I'm sure I would use it if I had it, but it's a concious choice that I can save the ten-or-so bucks a months by not adding it and use that money elsewhere.

I send prbly a dozen texts a month. How many do you average a month? What's the most you've evr sent out in one day? Any txting addicts out there?

4 comments:

Sienna said...

yes, my brother.

FootballDude said...

haha yeah one month I sent 1,600 texts! and that was when I mainly only texted michael haha But I've got to buy another charger for my phone cause I hate not texting or even being able to look at what time it is!

Angela said...

when Jared and I were dating we would text a lot...and we still do on our breaks at work. I'd guess I send out about 3-10 texts a day.

Kyle Luke said...

I have a plan that allows 200 a month . . . and I don't think I've ever come close to hitting that number. I guess I text a lot more, though, than I did before I had a plan.