Monday, January 19, 2009

forgetfully yours

Most of my inspiration for blogging comes spontaneously. I'll hear something, read something, or do something that will make me say "i should blog about that". I try to keep a running tally in my head of the "to blog" list, but I must admit that I've been struggling to keep track of the list lately.

Part of it stems from the schedule of my day. I try not to blog at work, unless it is just too awesome, and when I come home I try to give my attention to Becky and the kids. So I don't get around to blogging until after 9pm (usually after 11) and by that time I've forgotten what i was going to write about. And I feel like that's been happening alot over the past couple of weeks.

The other part is that my memory doesn't seem to be as sharp lately. I've always suffered from the ability to remember tons of information of absolutely no consequence (movie trivia, pop culture references) and very little practical data (shopping lists, things that Becky says, Bible verses), but it's getting worse.

How do you improve your memory? I'm sure i could google it, but does anyone out there have real tips that work for them? Or am I just getting old...

No comments: