Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bye Bye Bye

I'm feeling the effects of Detroit Sports News Withdrawl (commonly known as DSNW). Around 3 years ago I started listening to WDFN (1130 on your AM dial). I've grown to listen nearly every workday to Seany B and Stoney & Wojo talk local and national sports. It's funny, but I feel like they were my friends (from a distance, of course). And last week they all got suddenly yanked from the air. You can read the story here.

Apparently, Clear Channel, the parent company of WDFN, decided that they just couldn't afford to keep them around in these tough economic times. I understand that tough choices need to be made by many corporations, but it sucks that these guys lost their jobs. They were really good at what they did and they certainly weren't replaced by better radio hosts (a couple of nationally sydicated guys... boring!!). I can't stand listening to them.

Good luck to Sean Baligian, Bob Wojnowski, and Mike Stone. Let us know if you get back onto radio somewhere.

No comments: