Monday, December 08, 2008

my second calling

We had our annual Church Christmas Party tonight, but it was very different than past years. Previous church "parties" were basically an hour and a half of testimonies and reports punctuated with snacks. They were nice, but very dull. Don't get me wrong; testimonies of what God is doing in our lives are a great thing, but that can't be the only thing that we do together as a fellowship of believers.

Tonight's party was a great time of singing, laughter, creativity, fellowship and snacks. It wasn't a perfect night, but I think it was a real step in the right direction. And I had a blast co-emceeing the evening. I've often thought that I could have a second career as a game show host. I enjoying making a fool of myself on stage (to a certain extent), and making people laugh and have a good time. I liked hosting events at SAU and this was the first opportunity for me to do that here at Dearborn [outside of youth events; i have plenty of opportunities to make a fool of myself there].

If you could have any career other than your current one... regardless of skill, experience, or education... what would you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dnr officer or own a christmas tree/pumpkin farm or a bait and tackle store. As a pastor I dream about what else I would do all the time!

Are you guys come for new years? Barry