Saturday, December 06, 2008

First Snowfall

When do you consider the first snowfall has taken place?

The first flake you see...
The first snow that stay on the ground...
The first blizzard...

For me, it hasn't really snowed until you shovel. And I shoveled for the first time today. The snow wasn't too deep, but just enough that it wasn't going to go away on it's own. It was also a precaution to help in case there is a deep snowfall overnight. I had to dig myself out on Sunday mornings a couple of times last year and it's not fun when you are crunched for time and have a ridiculously long driveway. Even moving a little bit of snow can make it much easier.

We've had snowflakes fall on us earlier this year, but this is the first snowfall of the year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome -- no snow here to speak of. We had a dusting last week -- just enough to say it snowed. Now its pushing 40 and raining lightly.

Sienna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sienna said...

me and my brothers think the same way.
Every year it's the same, my dad kicking us off our lazy teen buns to shovel the front and back yard. Once we're done with that, we have to shovel the old ladies on our street's sidewalk(there are like 5).