Monday, December 01, 2008

Intersections

Our Church has been focusing on intersections for a couple of months now. By "intersections" I mean those times where your life connects with someone elses. Intentionally or by chance, intersections happen constantly with your family, friends, coworkers, and everyone you interact with on any given day. It's been a good reminder that living your life for Christ isn't just about serving in a ministry within the church walls and that God wants to use our lives to show Himself.

Tonight I had an intersection with my neighbour Dane. Dane is about 22 yrs old and lives in the house next to us with his extended family that includes anywhere from 8 to 12 people [we aren't sure how many of them live there because it seems like it's not possible to fit that many people in a tiny cookie- cutter Dearborn house.]

As I was taking the garbage out in the rain Dane walks out to his car and calls me over. He asks "what Church do you go to?" So i told him and he proceeds to tell me about how he went to church until his mid-teens and hasn't been back since. Dane became a dad several weeks ago with his live-in fiancee and has been interested in returning to church. He knew we went to church (I don't know if he remembered I'm a pastor) as we talked he said that he would come to church on Sunday. I have no idea if he'll actually come and even if he does it doesn't mean that he's found Christ, but it was a moment that I didn't shy away from and I hope that it will provide opportunities for the future.

Let's pray for more intersections with Dane.

3 comments:

Life is short but God is sweet said...

praying from spokane.

Angela said...

BOO YA GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alex -- You're letting your light shine! I'm praying that God will use you in a unique way to reach your neighbors. Love, Mom