Friday, December 05, 2008

a boy and his hat

A Hat is a very special thing for a man. Sure, every guy has a collection of hats, but he only has one Hat. Once a man finds a Hat, it seldom changes. It grows better with age like a fine wine. Every rip and tear, each stain and spot is a mark of pride. A badge of honor.

I have a dozen hats [Baseball Caps and Old Fedoras from my Grandpa], but my Hat is the one I wear most frequently, the one I identify with. You may have a picture of me wearing it. It's black, it's fitted, it's got my name on it.

Aaron has found his Hat. It's plastic, it's orange, and it's always worn backwards. He wears it all the time. Everyday when I come home from lunch he greets me at the door wearing it. I'm sure he would wear it out of the house if we'd let him. It's irresistibly cute.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angela said...

i miss him and his hats:(

glennteal said...

Irresistably cute -- enough said