Wednesday, October 22, 2008

oh canada

My family (Becky, Kids, Me, My Parents) is preparing for the long journey to Niagara Falls, Ontario to visit my grandparents. We weren't able to visit my grandpa after his stroke in June because Ashlyn was about to be born, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see him again. I don't want to take this opportunity for granted. In just the last couple of weeks a couple different kids in the youth group have lost their grandparents and it's reminded me of what a joy it is to be able to have them in our lives still.

The drive, on the other hand, will be a challenge. It'll be our first significant trip with 3 kids. Both the boys traveled really well as infants (they still do), let's hope Ashlyn got some of those genes too.

Canada, here we come!

1 comment:

Angela said...

too bad we can't be in your van with you to have fun with you guys! Miss you too much!