Sunday, October 05, 2008

JUMP!

As church started this morning I couldn't help but notice that Becky and Evan weren't sitting in their usual spot. They can be a few minutes late from time to time [understandable when trying to mobilize 3 kids under 4], but when they weren't there after singing ended I admit I was a bit worried. Glanced out into the parking lot I could see our Odyssey wasn't there. I went to my office to check my phone and there was a message from Becky saying... the van is dead!

Our boys love to play in the van. They climb all over it, press every button and twist every knob. I usually go back through the van and turn everything back off but... oops. After lunch it was up to me to re-animate our lifeless beast. You should understand that I'm not a gear head. It's not that I don't care, but it was never part of my upbringing and even jumping a car is mildly intimidating. But I'm the man of the house and if there's a job to be done, I'm gonna do it.

First we backed the car up the driveway and into the backyard. Then we figured out how to get the van into neutral and I pushed it back out of the garage. [I felt like I was competing in the world's strongest man... that thing is heavy!] I got it all hooked up and managed to get the van back online with relative ease.

Here's a couple picture of me doing man things.



(Thanks Becky for your help)

Then I backed the van into the fence and scratched the bumper. Hooray!

2 comments:

Angela said...

we laughed when we read this-laughing with you though...not at you...ok maybe laughing at you just a little:)

Anonymous said...

Alex - The best laugh of my day!
I love it and I love you son.
Just Mom