Tuesday, October 07, 2008

do i ever feel old

At some point between 7pm and 8pm on Tuesday, October 7th I turned into an old man.



I've been needing new jeans and we made the time tonite to go shopping as a family after dinner. We drove down to Kohl's and while Becky took Aaron and Ashlyn on her own, Evan and I went to the jeans section. I have never been so overwhelmed and confused while shopping in my life. Low Rise, Boot Cut, Relaxed, Straight, Loose, Slim, Skinny, Original, Carpenter, and infinite combinations of these cuts (not to mention the colors, fades, and brands). Seriously, what is the difference between relaxed fit, loose fit, and straight fit? I knew for sure that I was too old for rockin skinny jeans and too young for the standard fit. After trying on 4 different pairs I ended up with a relaxed hip + low rise + straight leg... and an identity crisis. When did jean shopping get so complicated?

2 comments:

Angela said...

ya, fortunately, when Jared found the style and cut that fit him right, he just memorized what it was called so everytime we can go to the right kind. Although you should have at least tried on the skinny jeans and taken a picture:)

Crydo said...

Hmmm.