Friday, March 26, 2010

The End of Bauer Power

Well Bauer-ites. It's been confirmed... this is the last season of 24.


It's not over until Jack says it's over

Through 8 'splosion filled seasons, Jack has un-apologetically shot, fought, and tortured his way through friend and foe alike to protect the USA (and you and me). Eight television seasons in this century should be measured in dog years, there aren't many series that last that long in an era of instant criticism. So it's really like 20 seasons.

I must admit that after watching the first 4 or 5 episodes this particular season I gave up. Perhaps we've been desensitized to the constant action and ever impending doom (there's always another terrorist...), but I just didn't find it as compelling as past seasons.

Too soon? or is it time to pull the plug?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just about right -- maybe with some major injection of intrigue I could have gone one more season -- but the whole "Dana" storyline doomed this season completely.

Jack Bauer RIP

sara luke said...

What?! I think this season is great. I want to punch Dana in the face, but I still love this season!

alex said...

sarah, what do you like about this season? should I start watching again?

Quillen said...

pull the plug!