Thursday, February 05, 2009

One Scary Tale

You are all aware of the current state of the economy. It seems that every business/economic report is about about pay cuts, layoffs, or corporate bankruptcies. Most days it feels like it can't get much lower than this. We'll, let me share with you some even more frightening economic news: The company behind the "snuggie" has sold more than 4 million units. (source)



That's right... there are more than 4,000,000 of these fashion disasters enveloping people around the country. Backwards Robe; Monk's Shroud; no matter what you call it people are buying them up like crazy (or maybe they are buying them because they are crazy).

So here's the moment of truth... the point of confession... do any of you own or use a snuggie?

6 comments:

Carlee McDot said...

No Snuggie here, but I did see them for sale at Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend...

Kyle Luke said...

I wish. I'm sitting here right now trying to type and stay warm and this blanket just isn't cutting it. There must be a better way . . .

Anonymous said...

No never ever!

Anonymous said...

Alex - The 4 hosts on the "Today" show had them on for a segment this morning. They all looked like monks - they had a good laugh - so did I. And from the sounds of it, the marketers are laughing all the way to the bank. Mom

Anonymous said...

I own one but only because my dad gave it to me for Christmas. P.S. He hasn't handed over the booklight yet. -Mandi (Long) Bair

Sienna said...

No way!! - and if i did have one, Connor just might sell it on e-bay