Saturday, November 22, 2008

taking it up a step

I think I achieved a new level of parenting tonight.

Earlier today we decided to give Ashlyn her first taste of solid* food. Evan and Aaron are really excited about being involved in her life and they wanted to help feed her. So we gathered everyone together in the kitchen and prepared her first real meal.

As a modern parent I prepared all the electronic devices required to capture the event. Becky, Evan, and Aaron started to spoon Ashlyn her food and my responsibility was to archive this historic moment. I recorded the action with our video camera in my right hand while simultaneously taking pictures with the same device and in my left hand I used our digital camera to take additional still pictures. Yes, you read that right... taking pictures with both hands and recording video all at the same time.

I have leveled up to obsessive "capture the moment" techno-geek dad.



*solid = mostly liquid with a trace of rice cereal

2 comments:

Ms.Lo said...

Thank you for qualifying that "solid" is a misnomer.
:-)

And I am amazed at your fatherly geekiness.

Anonymous said...

Wish we were there. Post the video asap.