Monday, November 02, 2009

Your backyard friends the...


BACKYARDIGANS

Halloween is an awkward event. Culturally, it is a celebration of fear and horror, and while much of it may be "in good fun", it doesn't feel right to me. In my opinion devils, demons, and evil creatures shouldn't celebrated. I don't think my kids (or most people) will turn around and start worshipping that stuff, but it lessens our defenses; it turns evil into a plaything when we should be centered on Christ alone. But I love the chance to dress up and act a fool. Trick-or-treating was always a fun family event growing up. And I want, I choose, to make this a fun family event for us.

I know most of you have already seen these on my facebook page, but here are a few pictures of us from this past Halloween weekend. We were dressed as the popular children's tv characters, the Backyardigans. There are all homemade; we did alot of thrift store shopping and Becky did some amazing work on all the details.

Lady and Gentleman, I give you...

TYRONNE

UNIQUA
TASHA
PABLO
AUSTIN
THE WHOLE GANG




4 comments:

Becky Teal said...

I had fun being a Backyardigan with you! Thanks for wearing pants! :)

Anonymous said...

Am I too old to say -- it all looks off the hook!

alex said...

You're not too old... just 8 years too late:)

Anonymous said...

Ouch!