Friday, August 29, 2008

flyin jazz

An Air Canada regional carrier has dumped their life vests in favour of fuel savings. [read about it]. Apparently 'Jazz' has decided that the 25 pounds of life preservers are not work their weight in gas.

They still have the flotation seat cushions and the only significant bodies of water they fly over are the great lakes. but is that enough to keep you feeling safe?

to me, it's not a big deal. I'm not afraid of flying and with the way they track flights these days i'm sure a rescue team would be deployed even before you hit the water.

What do you think? would this give you second thoughts before flying 'Jazz'?

2 comments:

clear-az-day said...

Well, I kinda think its like flicking a bird off your car to get better gas milleage but if they did studies on it than i guess i believe them. To me its just a publicity stunt to attract fuel savers from all over. I'd still fly them though. Besides, I can swim better than Phelps on a good day. Shoot, take out the seat floatation device too. lol

Anonymous said...

Hearing the flight attendant talk about the flotation devices always makes me laugh and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling of safety at the same time.