Wednesday, August 13, 2008

back to the drawing board

sad news everyone.... i didn't make the cut for "who wants to be a millionaire".

but i did get a t-shirt, magnet, and pencil!

and I did have fun. I arrived at the U of M dearborn campus at 6am (it started at 7) and found myself 171st in line. Around 400 people make it into the first round of testing with me and we filled out two 30 question tests, with 10 minutes to complete each test.

The tests were all multiple choice, just like the show, and i thought i did well. However, i knew i had just enough answers i was unsure of that i might not make the cut. Unfortunately, i was not among the lucky few to make the cut (about 20 people passed the first test and about 60 passed the second one; the guy next to me passed both). I was out of there at 8:30 and only drove 2 miles out of my way to get there, so i don't feel like i had to give up much to get turned away.

here's one question i did not know the answer to:

A Sirocco is:
a. a wind
b. a thunderstorm
c. a hurricane
d. a flood

what's your answer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a. wind
That is my final answer.

See you could have used me as your "call a friend", unless it had been about basketball (not the expert there) or welding. Otherwise I am considered a know it all, I think that is a flattering compliment, don't you.
Brenda E.

alex said...

wind is correct. and yes, being a know it all should be a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Sirroco -- a hot desert wind also the name of the main dining room at the Renaissance Esmeralda resort in Palm Desert -- also a short lived car nameplate for VW I think.