Monday, May 19, 2008

spring cleaning

It's that time of year again. Time for us to clear out the junk that we've accumulated over the last few months (and last few years). It seems that we constantly are throwing away things we've been carrying around from house to house. Perhaps those of you who are not homeowners can relate, but we've been carrying around box upon box of items that we say will come in handy or be put to use once we have a home of our own, yet it stays boxed only to be discovered later as we say "why on earth did we ever keep this?".

In anticipation of our baby girl we have realized/admitted that we need to exorcise our basement. We've slowly been hacking away at it for a week and today i incurred my first (ever?) spring cleaning injury. I was hoisting some large wood panels up into the rafters of the garage to create some more floor space when i lost my balance and dropped the panel on my foot. I am currently rockin' a nice sized bruise on top of my foot. But the cleanliness will be worth the pain (i hope).

How's your spring cleaning so far?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have put a huge smile on your mother's face.

Also check Fully Devoted for a special treat,

Angela said...

we're not doing spring cleaning, we're doing spring "sell everything we own".

Anonymous said...

alex, way to man up and still make it to indiana jones with jason and I while playing thru this injury. i had no idea that you were playing hurt... I mean the way that you were sitting back watching the flick and pounding slices of pizza like they were potato chips took me back to the Bigg Nife days, but to find out that you were playing thru the pain makes it an even more impressive performance!