Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Maybe you should loosen up your schedule, sneak in 40 more winks

Our society is so sleep depraved. It seems that every product advertised these days has some energizing capacity.

Here are a few of the products I've noticed recently:


Dove Invigorating soap (there's also one made for men too, but i can't remember the brand). I thought just showering was supposed to wake you up.



There are a ridiculous amount of energy drinks flooding the market.




These waters both contain caffeine. WATER... with CAFFEINE in it. Seriously?!?

It seems we'll do anything to keep our energy up, as long as we don't have to slow down to do it.

Sometimes we treat our devotions/prayer the same way. at least, I do sometimes. I act as if it's supposed to be a pick-me-up to get me through the day. something to give my spiritual battery a temporary jolt.

Maybe there is more to devos than getting through the day. It's great when you get inspiration to face the days challenges, but i think meeting with God should be more about him, less about us.

No comments: