Tuesday, November 06, 2007

are you ready for some football?

are you?

I am. I'm all about the pigskin.

We'll maybe that's a bit of an overstatement. But i'm getting in to it more and more every year. For me the big drive behind following the nfl is fantasy football. it's the ultimate combination of geeky strategery and macho athletic compulsion. I have alot of fun making my picks, setting my active list, trying to find the "diamond in the rough" free agents. I've even tried to make a few killer traders, but haven't had any takers so far.

and i've been winning for the past few weeks, which makes it a whole lot more fun. my current record is 4-4-1. I know that's not great, but i'm making up for a couple really bad weeks in the beginning of the year.

I'm also pumped that the Lions are 6-2. I'm not a huge Lions fan, but living just outside of Detroit and 1 mile from their practice facility i feel a certain connection with them. they are the team that i root for the most. I'm not going to jinx the Lions by proclaiming their greatness this year, but it's good to see them win for a change.

Be sure to check out the new poll in the next column.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Alex,
I found this today while blogging and thought you might have some interest in the story. If the link doesn't work it on my site and talks about the founder of the weather channel and global warming. Thought you might find it interesting. By the way I'm not into fantasy football but my son Ryan is and he is in second place in his group. Didn't like the Lions beating up on my Bears this year twice either. http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-blog/comments_about_global_warming/

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex. My comment has absolutely nothing to do with football; nor does it relate in any way, shape, or form to anything you've written about on your blog. I DO enjoy reading it. I access your blog through your Dad's blog. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine. The word "alot" does not exist in the English language. "A lot" is ALWAYS two words. Guess that is yet another of my "quirks."