Tuesday, October 23, 2007

humano uno


I just started a new devotional book today that I'm really excited about. Inspired by the "warrior weekend" with dad and jared (and Way of the Wild Heart by john eldridge), i sought out a new book for my personal time with God.

I wasn't really sure what i wanted in a book, just something other than the traditional 1 page thoughts on a theme with a verse tacked on the end. I found "Men of the Bible" at the local christian book store and got excited about it immediately [when was the last time that happened?].

As stated above, i just read the first entry today. Adam. as in, Adam and Eve.

It made me visit the story in a new way and i was really blown away by the thought that Adam was created AS A MAN. He never had a childhood. He never "grew up". What was that like? to wake up and take your first breath. to become self aware from the first time. to look in the water and see yourself (or any person) for the first time. How amazing those moments in the garden would have been. How incredible to wake up with the perfect woman next to you, formed of your own flesh.

I've always thought stories of explorers were cool. Men who sailed and wandered and blazed trails and blasted into space for the first time. I always thought it would be cool to be the first person to discover niagara falls, or the grand canyon, or an island.

But what would that have been like to be the first person to see anything. To see a bird, a cloud, or watch the unveiling of newly created stars during the first sunset ever witnessed.

oh yeah, and he got to walk with God. pretty cool.

3 comments:

glennteal said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere son. Nice blog. I especially like the ee cummings all lower case deal -- but then its not all that way -- but it could be -- if you wanted -- but if not...

And BTW someone needs to do something about updating the look of the site you linked as 'my church'. Although my new church in Spokane has issues with their website too -- not to mention the rather constant criticism of the CCC site. Just a few thoughts.

Anonymous said...

O yeah -- your post is insightful too!

GHT

Angela said...

nice bloggorama. why do you have to be more spiritual then I am? I blog about cheese.