Monday, April 13, 2009

graboids

Right now Becky and I are watching "Tremors" on T.V. Right away, how many of you have seen this cult classic? I mean, my mom even loves it.



I've seen it tons of times and it never gets old. Cheesy, but fun. I don't think you can really classify it as a horror film since it's not really scary. The Comcast on screen guide calls it a "good- natured spoof", but I don't think it's quite that light. Regardless of whatever section of the movie rental store you find it in (which is probably going out of business) it's irresistibly watchable. Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward have really chemistry as two old buddies stuck going nowhere in a tiny town in the middle of the desert and decide to leave "Perfection" just one day too late. Monsters and mayhem ensue and Michael Gross and Reba McEntire are hilarious as gun loving isolationists.

It requires watching anytime you come across it. I find the same thing with Die Hard. If it's on, I've gotta watch it.

What movie will you watch when you find it on T.V., no matter how many times you've watched it before?

4 comments:

Crydo said...

I love this movie!
Of course, I also loved Joe vs. the Volcano.

Angela said...

Italian Job and the Goonies

Becky said...

I already told you last night...Father of the Bride. Stupid and girly, I know!

Anonymous said...

Sleepless in Seatle and You've Got Mail. And as you said, I do enjoy Tremors! Love, Mom